Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wow. My First Blog.

So this is it. I finally lost my blogging virginity.


I'm not really sure what to write about, so I'll just highlight some funny moments from the week for you.


Funny Moment #1: The creature in my hair.

While fast asleep one night this week, I awoke to an oh-so-slight tugging on my hair. It was so subtle that it took a second for me to fully come to. For a moment I sat there, my heart panicked, thinking what could possibly be tugging at my hair. A mouse. A giant spider. A deranged stalker attempting to snip a lock of my hair.

Suddenly I hit that point where adrenaline takes over, and in spite of possibly coming into contact with one of the above and having to face them, I shot up and frantically ran my hands through my hair. Nothing.

I flipped on the light, terrified at what I would see lying on my bed or scampering to get away.

Still nothing.

I decided to do one more run-through with my fingers, and suddenly, something dropped. I screamed. I jumped. I flailed. There it was. My retainer.

I know what you're thinking. Retainer? The thing that keeps your teeth straight? In your hair?

See, I have this problem where I take my retainer out in my sleep and put it in random places. It's gone missing for days at a time before. And that night, I must have tangled it in my hair, and as it slid off the mattress, tugged my hair with it.


Funny Moment #2: Scary Mannequin

As I walked to Barnes and Noble on a work errand this week, I passed by Urban Outfitters. I vowed not to go in until I actually had money to spend, otherwise my self discipline goes out the window. So all I could do was look longingly at the artsy displays and uber trendy clothing.

I became enthralled with the 'set design' of the displays--and began thinking about how artistic clothing stores are getting these days. I turned the corner to see a stylishly-clad mannequin in the window. This one looked pretty lifelike, and my stare lingered while I passed. Suddenly the mannequin began wiping his nose and chewing gum. I almost peed my pants. My facial expressiong must have been classic. I mean, what would you do if a mannequin started moving? It was like an episode of 'Today's Special' gone bad.

Since when do real people stand in display windows?

That's all I got...for now.

2 comments:

The O'Briens said...

Oh my!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. You rock the 80's look my dear. And, on people standing in windows! We'll miss you, too, when we move to Vegas. You better come hit us up. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.